Premier Sport have teamed up with Dame Kelly Holmes Trust to provide inspirational athlete visits to over 10,000 UK primary school children, in the lead up to Rio and beyond. The Trust’s athletes include Olympians, Paralympians and top athletes, all of which have experienced the highs and lows of world-class competition. There’s an inspirational story in every athlete and they know what it’s like to overcome adversity and still have the will to succeed.
Standard Package includes...
- Ambassador from 9.30am - 3.30pm
- Inspirational assembly/talks
- Coaching session for pupils
- Awards ceremony
- Classroom visits
The athletes will share their journeys in sport and allow children the opportunity to reflect on their own aspirations. The athlete visits will help motivate children to simply take part or strive for their personal best. This world class attitude can be applied into both sport and other areas in school and their personal lives, ensuring every inspirational athlete visit will live long in the memory, many years after Rio comes and goes…
An ambassador visit includes a personalised video from the athlete to the children, an inspirational ‘Olympic values’ school assembly, Q&A session with the athlete so children will get their chance to fire questions in a press conference format. An ambassador visit also includes an interactive training session delivered by the athlete, classroom visits and an Olympic style awards ceremony.
1. Our packages
Prices start from £600 - contact us for more details
Use the contact form at the bottom of this page stating the following info –
- Whether you require the Gold/Silver/Bronze/Standard package
- The name and post code of your school
- A choice of three dates of when you’d like your inspirational athlete visit
We’ll contact you to confirm your allocated Dame Kelly Holmes Trust athlete and additional info.
Does your school want more support from Dame Kelly Holmes Trust?
Bespoke Specialist Workshop and Transition Support
- Workshops based around personal and social development linking with the outcomes of the programme; for example looking at confidence, goal setting, working with others, resilience and communication.
- Transition Support – Supporting year 7 pupils, possibly from disadvantaged backgrounds, in making a successful transition to secondary school. It aims to help pupils develop some key skills to help them at a time when their confidence and academic performance can take a significant dip. Focussing on different learning skills including, 'Solving Problems', 'Coping with challenge', 'Learning with others' and 'self-reflection'.
Please contact us for more information on course content and pricing.